Monday, December 23, 2013

Bible School: A Poem from Jack Truman



Today's featured author from Dixie Publishing

BIBLE SCHOOL
A Poem by Jack Truman

When I was a kid
I went to Bible school
Remembering those days
Make me smile
It's hard to remember
A blur

Going to Bible school

The first times I remember
Was in grade school
In Canton
During the summer
There would be a Bible school
For 4 or 6 weeks
When it ended
Mother would send us to another one
For another 4 or 6 weeks
That took up our summers


Going to Bible school


I didn't mind it
I didn't like it
But I dealt with it
My sister liked it
I think
It was funny
Every time a Bible school would end
My sister would cry
The people there thought she was crying
Because she liked it there
But she was crying
Because she was thinking about the next one
About to start

Going to Bible school


When I was a little older
It's kind of a blur
But we went to Bible school
In Lamar
A summer or two
Don't remember much
They all seemed pretty much the same
Whether in Ohio or Missouri

Going to Bible school

Nowadays when I go by a church
In the summer
I see those signs for Bible School
And remember the summer days
We were babysitted
In church
Monday through Friday

When we
Went to Bible school

Today's Featured Author from DIXIE PUBLISHING
Jack Truman's New Book
POEMS FROM A LIFE LESS TRAVELED 

On Amazon and Lulu:





No comments:

Post a Comment